Walker (Seasonal Position) – Hudsonville, MI
|SAWYER NURSERY, INC.
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB TITLE: Walker
REPORTS TO: Inventory Manager
DATE: January 19, 2015
Under general supervision by the Inventory Supervisor, walks indoors and outdoors among designated product lines and prioritizes plants based on the condition and growth stage of the plants. Takes an inventory of product and enters data on hand held device.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Works in two or three product lines among various houses which involves moving inside and outside of greenhouses. Takes inventory of plants and assesses product quality. Counts them and records data.
2. Keeps priority codes up-to-date as the products grow. Changes priority codes on hand held computer equipment as he/she is walking houses.
3. Inputs and maintains data in applicable systems.
4. Works with Growers on keying in data as it relates to movement of products.
5. Maintains equipment and keeps working areas clean, organizes labels and ensures that product is marked properly.
6. Performs other duties as necessary in support of company goals and objectives.
1. High School diploma; or equivalent.
2. Ability to visually see and count plants and use a handheld computer.
3. Must be able to move around from greenhouse to greenhouse which involves working inside and outside with exposure to weather which can have varying temperatures and levels of precipitation and sun. Ground is often unstable, muddy or uneven.
4. Ability to organize priorities/workload as needed.
5. Demonstrate good social and communication skills. Must be able to actively looking for ways to help people and listen to what other people are saying and ask questions as appropriate.
To view full job description and to submit a resume click here.